Best moisturizers and lotions for dry skin
Most people do not pay attention to dry skin problem as they do in case of acne or cellulite. Such lack of attention to this issue can do harm to your health. Dry skin causes peeling of epidermis, skin laxity, and red spots appearance. Micro cracks may appear on the skin surface. Different kinds of infections such as staphylococcal infection penetrate into body through them. What do we have to do with dry skin?
Before considering the best moisturizers for dry skin, try our helpful advice on daily dry skin care, as well as take advantage of the ways that will help you return moisture to your dry face, hands and body skin.
How to return moisture to dry skin:
• Drink at least 1,5 liters of liquid a day. It can be water, tea, coffee, juices, and soups.
• Try to eat fresh vegetables, green lettuce every day.
• Avoid eating junk food and drinking alcohol.
• Use moisturizer, cream or body milk regularly.
• Use hand cream, moisturize your hands.
• Lubricate lips with lip salve.
• Take vitamin E tablets.
• Do not attend steam baths.
• Do not wash your face with hot water.
• Do not wipe yourself too vigorously after shower; blot the skin with a towel carefully and gently.
• Massage your face skin with ice cubes. It will make blood circulate better and will stimulate skin hydration.
Daily dry skin care
If you have dry skin you better refuse washing your face with soap foaming cream, all the more with ordinary soap. If oily and normal skin can withstand aggressive alkaline detergents, which soaps represent, weakened water-in-oil emulsion, which covers dry skin, cannot withstand such influence.
In the morning it is better to wash your face with cool water, it will help your skin “wake up”: it increases blood circulation, improves metabolism and sebaceous glands activity.
In the evening it is better to use special milk. You should not wash off the remains but remove them gently with a cleansing tissue. Except that it cleans your skin, milk nourishes it with essential fats and moisture. After applying cleansing milk face can be wiped with moisturizer for dry skin or tonic, that doesn`t contain alcohol.
Moisturizer is usually applied to skin after its purification. It is better to use after shower moisturizer for dry skin, thus allowing moisture to stay in the skin for longer. Moisturizers for dry skin should be selected according to individual tolerance and used constantly: oil rich cream in the evening and light-weight cream in the morning.
Application of moisturizer is efficient with short massage: three minutes will be enough for the skin to absorb moisturizer. Its remains can be removed with a sponge.
Do not forget the basic rules of classical face massage: the movements should not be strong for the sensations during the massage were comfort, enjoyable. The direction of the motions must conform to the rules of facial massage. You must not do massage in case of any skin inflammations, wounds, increased growth of facial hair.
At home you can periodically help dry skin using commercially available ampoules with biologically active agents such as hyaluronic acid.
If rashes appear, use moisturizers and other remedies with smoothing effect (containing allantoin, bisabolol, chamomile, lavender, aloe).
Best natural lotions for dry skin
• Milk lotion for dry skin. To prepare this remedy you will need a deep bowl. Pour a glass of milk into it, and then add 1 tbsp. of fresh banana pulp (you can use orange instead of banana), 1 tbsp. of powdered sugar and 1 tsp. of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Mix thoroughly, warm up the mixture, bring it to a boil, and then cool it. Wipe the skin with the ready-made mixture and leave the remedy on the face for 20 minutes. Then wash the face with warm water.
• Moisturizer from essential and vegetable oils. Mix 1 tsp. of wheat germ oil, 1 tbsp. of apricot oil, 1 tsp. of jojoba oil. Then add 3 – 4 drops of rose oil and mix. Home remedy is ready for use.
• Nourishing lotion from wild strawberries for dry skin. Take a suitable container, put 2 tbsp. of fresh wild strawberries into it and pour a glass of warm milk or boiled water over them. Leave the gruel for one hour, then strain it and add glycerin into the liquid part (1 tsp.). Use this wonderful remedy 2 times a day. Also note that you can use garden strawberries or raspberries instead of wild strawberries.
• Melon lotion. Mix milk and juice squeezed from the melon pulp (1: 1), dip a sponge into this liquid and wipe the skin. Note that you can use undiluted freshly squeezed juice.
• Effective lotion from fresh cabbage. Put a few chopped fresh cabbage leaves into a container; pour hot milk (0,5 glasses) over them, cover with a lid and leave for forty minutes. Then strain cabbage leaves, and wipe your face with this liquid.
• Peach lotion for dry skin. For this remedy you`ll need a fresh oversize peach or two small peaches. Squeeze juice from the pulp of the fruit, and then add one egg yolk, 1 tsp. of cream and mix. Use this mixture to wipe the skin.
• Vegetable oil. Simple vegetable oil will suit perfectly for flaky and very dry skin. It moisturizes skin and nourishes it with nutrients and vitamins. Just wipe your face with it before going to sleep and do not rinse it off until the morning.
• Plum lotion for dry problem skin. You will need three oversize ripe plums to prepare this natural remedy. Clean them from the peel and remove the stones. Put the pulp into a metal container, knead it, and then pour a glass of boiling water over the gruel and boil it for fifteen minutes. Wipe your face with the decoction only after it has cooled down. Use plum remedy twice a day.
• Egg lotion for moisturizing dry skin. Rub 1 tbsp. of olive oil with egg yolk. Then add 1 tsp. of cream and 1 tbsp. of milk to this mixture and mix. Dampen a sponge with the remedy and wipe your face with it thoroughly. Wash your face with warm water twenty minutes later.