Friday, March 13, 2015

Clarins HydraQuench Cream for Normal and Dry Skin

As the weather gets colder, I’ve found it necessary to up my moisturising game. After a long (and probably exhausting for her) talk with the beauty therpaist at Gatwick’s Duty Free, I settled on Clarins HydraQuench Cream.

Clarins HydraQuench Cream is for normal to dry skins (isn’t that everyone?) and it has SPF 15. This is the first time I’ve considered SPF when buying face cream; let’s put it down to getting older.

The beauty of Clarins HydraQuench is that it can be used as a day or night cream. I initially bought it as a night cream but as the weather continues to get colder, I’ve found my usual Clarins cream– Hydra-Matte – doesn’t leave my skin feeling as moisurised as I’d like so I’m using the HydraQuench in the morning also.

Your skin looks and feels ‘creamed’ but doesn’t feel weighed down. I recommend leaving it on your face for five minutes before applying primer and foundation so it has to chance to really settle into your skin.

If you like a lighter feel on your face the HydraQuench range comes in a variety of finishes (is that the right word?) – a gel, a rich cream and a mixture of the two.

The Clarins website has an interesting video showing how you should apply your moisturiser; did you know you should pat it on and not rub it in?
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment